Butchery Class - FAQs and T&Cs
WHICH CLASS CAN I DO?
You can take part in any class, subject to availability. If you have been given a butchery class voucher, your voucher is valid against any of our butchery classes; pork, lamb, beef, sausage making, seasonal game or poultry. Each individual voucher entitles one person to one class.
WHAT TIME ARE THE CLASSES?
Tuesdays to Saturdays: 7pm – 10:30pm
Sundays: 4pm – 7.30pm
WHAT DO I DO IF MY GIFT VOUCHER EXPIRES SHORTLY?
You must book your class by the expiration date on your voucher, though the class itself may take place after the expiry date. We must enforce voucher expiration dates in order to manage the flow of people and class availability, and are therefore unable to extend your voucher’s validity period.
DOES THE CLASS INVOLVE ANY COOKING?
We teach butchery classes rather than cookery or carving - although our butchers will ensure you learn lots of tips on both - but you’ll enjoy a hearty meal prepared by our team at the end of the class.
WHAT WILL I EAT?
Your butchery class tutors will rustle up a big, family-style meal to enjoy at the end of your class, based around the subject of your butchery lesson - usually a roast, a few glasses of wine and a pudding to finish. If you attend our beef class you might feast on roast rib of beef, dauphinoise potatoes and horseradish sauce, whereas with lamb you might enjoy slow-roasted shoulder and mint sauce. Please note that we cannot accommodate additional guests who have not participated in the butchery class.
I’VE GOT A GIFT VOUCHER, HOW DO I BOOK?
You can book your class through the calendar on our website; you’ll need to enter your gift voucher code at the checkout. Please note that due to Shopify restrictions, you may only book one class per checkout transaction. If you wish to book more than one place, you'll need to checkout twice. You must book your place before the voucher expires.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CHANGE THE DATE OF MY CLASS?
If you have booked a class and need to change the date, you must let us know at least 14 days before the class date. There is a £10 admin fee per person for moving a class. Butchery class bookings cannot be changed with less than 14 days’ notice (21 days groups of 8 or more). If your class date is beyond this deadline, you are welcome to give us a call to see if we have someone on our waiting list. If we are unable to rebook your space, the booking will go ahead in your name; you are welcome to send someone in your place.
HOW DO I ENSURE I CAN BOOK THE DATE I WANT?
In short, you can’t, but booking at least two months in advance will help. Places are booked on a first come, first served basis. We release classes for the whole month at least two months in advance (e.g. classes for the duration of March will be available to book by the end of December). If you’d like to speak to us about availability or exact release dates, please call 01751 200 200 or email email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BUTCHERY CLASS VOUCHERS AND BOOKINGS
- All bookings made and vouchers sold are non-refundable or exchangeable.
- Our butchery class vouchers are £155 each. One Butchery Class voucher admits one person to the class of their choosing, subject to class availability.
- Butchery class vouchers are sent via email to the purchaser. They come in a printable format and
- Orders placed after 3.30pm are processed the next working day.
- Butchery class vouchers are valid for 12 months from purchase. The expiry date is clearly marked on the voucher alongside the voucher reference number. The recipient of the voucher needs to book their class before the expiration date; the class itself can take place after the expiry date. Once the voucher has expired it is irredeemable and we will not be able to accept ezxpired vouchers as payment towards a class.
- If you have booked a class and need to change the date, you must let us know at least 14 days before the class date. There is a £10 admin fee per person for moving a class. Butchery class bookings cannot be changed with less than 14 days’ notice (21 days groups of 8 or more). If your class date is beyond this deadline, you are welcome to give us a call to see if we have someone on our waiting list. If we are unable to rebook your space, the booking will go ahead in your name; you are welcome to send someone in your place.
- Butchery classes are for those over the age of 18 only. As part of our alcohol licence we have to operate a Challenge 25 proof of age scheme. This shall be operated at the premises where the only acceptable forms of identification are recognised photographic identification cards, such as a driving licence, passport or holographically marked PASS scheme identification cards.
- All of the equipment and protective clothing necessary for the class will be provided. Participants must wear the protective clothing in order to take part in the class.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class at any time. In the unfortunate event of this being necessary, we will do our best to contact you at the earliest opportunity, and you will be offered the choice of an alternative date or a full refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse participation in the Butchery Class to anyone who we believe to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We accept all major debit/credit cards, including American Express.
Telephone: 01751 200200