Butchery Class - FAQs and T&Cs
WHERE CAN I BUY A VOUCHER?
You can purchase a butchery class voucher online. You don't have to pick a class straight away. Our vouchers can be redeemed against any of our classes either as full or part payment depending on the value of your voucher and are valid for a year from purchase, making them a great present.
WHICH CLASS CAN I TAKE?
You can take part in any class, subject to availability. If you have been given a butchery class voucher, your voucher is valid for any of our butchery classes as full or part payment, depending on the value of your voucher and chosen class; pork, lamb, beef, sausage making, BBQ, seasonal game or poultry. Each individual voucher will be considered redeemed in full at the time of use, no partial refunds can be given. For full T&Cs please scroll down to see the heading TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BUTCHERY CLASS VOUCHERS AND BOOKINGS
WHAT TIME ARE THE CLASSES?
Our classes at Moxon Street take place after our shop has closed for the day, usually at the below hours. But, please do double check your booking confirmation.
Tuesdays to Saturdays (Moxon Street): 7pm – 10:30pm
Sundays (Moxon Street): 4pm – 7.30pm
Our classes at Borough Market take place at various hours, we recommend you speak to our butchery class coordinator if you are looking for a daytime class or other evening hours than those available at Moxon Street.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY GIFT VOUCHER EXPIRES SHORTLY?
You must book your class by the expiration date on your voucher, though the class itself may take place after the expiry date. We must enforce voucher expiration dates in order to manage the flow of people and class availability, and are therefore unable to extend your voucher’s validity period. Due to suspension of our classes under COVID-19, any vouchers that held an expiration date between March 2020 and September 2021 were honoured until 1st September 2022. No further exceptions can be made.
WHAT IF I WANT TO BOOK OUT A WHOLE CLASS FOR A GROUP?
We take group bookings for 10-12 people in Borough Market and 14-16 in Moxon Street. Dates for group bookings will be released a month and a half in advance. At the end of August, December's dates, at the end of September, January's dates and so on. For enquiries, please call 0203 869 7804 with a list of dates in mind and we'll let you know as best we can about availability. We can hold your date for 4 working days before full payment is required by BACs or card, after that we will release your space to a waiting list.
DOES THE CLASS INVOLVE ANY COOKING?
We teach butchery classes rather than cookery or carving - although our butchers will ensure you learn lots of tips on both - but you’ll enjoy a hearty meal prepared by our team at the end of the class.
WHAT WILL I EAT?
Your butchery class tutors will rustle up a big, family-style meal to enjoy at the end of your class, based around the subject of your butchery lesson - usually a roast and a pudding to finish. If you attend our beef class you might feast on roast rib of beef, dauphinoise potatoes and horseradish sauce, whereas with lamb you might enjoy slow-roasted shoulder and mint sauce. Please note that we cannot accommodate additional guests who have not participated in the butchery class.
I HAVE FOOD ALLERGIES, COELIACS DISEASE OR OTHER DIETARY REQUIREMENTS, CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE ME?
Please contact us by email to discuss (email@example.com) and we will do our best to accommodate your dietary needs.
I’VE GOT A GIFT VOUCHER, HOW DO I BOOK?
Please contact Sara on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 8697804 (Mon-Fri) and she will book the class for you. She will arrange if necessary for you to pay any difference between the value of your given voucher and chosen class. You must book before the voucher expires. Your class can take place after the expiry date as long as you book from dates available at the time of booking.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CHANGE THE DATE OF MY CLASS?
Changes to confirmed class bookings will incur a £10.00 per person admin fee to be paid before the booking can be transferred. If you need to move your booking within 14 days of the class, we are only able to do this if we are able to rebook your space. You must let us know at least 5 days before the class date by phone or in writing. Butchery class bookings cannot be changed with less than 5 days’ notice (10 days for groups of 8 or more). You are welcome to give us a call to see if we have someone on a waiting list that we can rebook your space to. Unfortunately, if we are unable to rebook your space the booking will go ahead in your name, however, you are welcome to send someone in your place. If you absolutely cannot attend, you will be offered the equivalent joint of meat that you would have prepared on the class to collect from your nearest shop. Please note - if you need to change your booking, we cannot do so outside of a 12-month period since the original booking was made.
HOW DO I ENSURE I CAN BOOK THE DATE I WANT?
In short, you can’t, but booking in advance will help. Places are booked on a first come, first served basis. We release classes for the whole month at least one month in advance (e.g. classes for the duration of March will be available to book by the end of January). At busier times of the year we may release classes two months at a time. If you’d like to speak to us about availability or exact release dates, please call 0203 869 7804 or email email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BUTCHERY CLASS VOUCHERS AND BOOKINGS
- All bookings made and vouchers sold are non-refundable or exchangeable.
- Butchery Class Vouchers can currently be purchased at 2 different values. Our vouchers can be redeemed against any of our classes either as full or part payment depending on the value of your voucher. Each individual voucher will be considered redeemed in full at the time of use, no partial refunds can be given. Once used, butchery class vouchers can have no residual value - irrespective of the value of the course versus the cost of the voucher purchased.
- Please be aware that when purchasing a Butchery Class Voucher (at whatever value), you are buying a fixed value to be redeemed against the purchase of a class at its most current retail price. There is a small chance that the cost of our butchery classes could increase in the near future, in which case, at the time of booking the difference between the value of the voucher and the final class price will need to be settled by the person m. We will, however, always do everything we can to avoid having to increase our prices.
- Butchery class vouchers with the value of £165.00, purchased under our former terms and conditions, will still retain the right to be redeemed against any of our existing classes until their expiry date, regardless of the current class values. To book using a voucher with the value of £165.00 please email firstname.lastname@example.org as our website will otherwise prompt you for the difference between the vouchers value and chosen class at the time of booking. (Former terms & conditions: Our butchery class vouchers are £165 each. One Butchery Class voucher admits one person to the class of their choosing, subject to class availability.)
- Butchery class vouchers are sent via email to the purchaser or can be requested by post to be presented in a Ginger Pig gift folder and dispatched via Royal Mail 1st Class Standard Post. The vouchers are presented ready to offered as a gift and have details about all the classes. For last minute purchases we recommend requesting a voucher via email for you to print off yourself, please double check your email address is correct before submitting your order.
- Orders placed after 2.00pm are processed the next working day.
- Butchery class vouchers are valid for 12 months from purchase. The expiry date is clearly marked on the voucher alongside the voucher reference number. The recipient of the voucher needs to book their class before the expiration date; the class itself can take place after the expiry date and booked from available, published dates. Once the voucher has expired it is irredeemable and we will not be able to accept expired vouchers as payment towards a class. (Due to suspension of our classes under COVID-19, any vouchers with an expiration date between March 2020 and September 2021 will be honoured until 1st September 2022. You will need to email us with your booking request and voucher number. If your voucher has expired you cannot book online. Please email email@example.com)
- The unique Butchery Class Voucher reference number must be quoted upon booking. Our classes are very popular and do get booked up in advance, if you are wanting to book a specific date, we recommend calling to check the date and booking over the phone as we cannot guarantee the date you want will be available when redeeming vouchers. Please note - we cannot hold spaces for any amount of time for individuals or groups of 5 or less.
- Class dates can be held for group bookings for a maximum of 4 working days only before payment is required, any longer and the date will be released to the next client on the waiting list.
- Changes to confirmed class books will incur a £10.00 per person admin fee to be paid before the booking can be transferred. If you need to move your booking within 14 days of the class, we are only able to do this if we are able to rebook your space. You must let us know at least 5 days before the class date by phone or in writing. Butchery class bookings cannot be changed with less than 5 days’ notice (10 days for groups of 8 or more). You are welcome to give us a call to see if we have someone on a waiting list that we can rebook your space to. Unfortunately, if we are unable to rebook your space the booking will go ahead in your name, however, you are welcome to send someone in your place. If you absolutely cannot attend, you will be offered the equivalent joint of meat that you would have prepared on the class to collect from your nearest shop. Please note - if you need to change your booking, we cannot do so outside of a 12-month period since the original booking was made.
- Butchery classes are for those over the age of 18 only. As part of our alcohol licence we have to operate a Challenge 25 proof of age scheme. This shall be operated at the premises where the only acceptable forms of identification are recognised photographic identification cards, such as a driving licence, passport or holographically marked PASS scheme identification cards.
- All of the equipment and protective clothing necessary for the class will be provided. The protective clothing supplied must be worn. We reserve the right to refuse participation in the class of anyone not wearing the protective clothing. The meat you prepare on the course is yours to take and cook at home.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class at any time. In the unfortunate event of this being necessary, we will do our best to contact you at the earliest opportunity, and you will be offered the choice of an alternative date or a full refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse participation in the Butchery Class to anyone who we believe to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We accept all major debit/credit cards, including American Express.