TAKES 1.5 HOURS
Smoked pork hocks have wonderfully sweet, melting meat and a good flavour that blends perfectly with the simplicity of the rest of these ingredients to make a tasty sauce.
1. Place the hocks in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from the heat and leave until cool enough to handle, then peel off the skin and discard along with any excess fat. Pick off all the meat and roughly chop. Reserve 125ml of the stock and freeze the rest to make rich pea or lentil soups.
2. Mix the ham with the parsley, Parmesan, seasoning, olive oil, mascarpone and reserved stock.
3. Bring a large pan of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the packet's instructions. Drain and return to the pan along with the ham mixture, toss well with two wooden spoons and serve at once.
• 2 smoked pork hocks
• leaves from 1 large bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
• 85 g Parmesan, grated
• sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp good olive oil
• 4 tbsp mascarpone
• 425 g linguine