We've had a lot of requests for porchetta cooking instructions this year. SO here's how we do it...
Our take on an Italian porchetta; made with high welfare pork, rolled with a stuffing of fresh herbs, fennel and garlic.
Tip: Take out of the fridge one hour before cooking to ensure it cooks through evenly. These instructions will work for all sizes of porchetta.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Dry the skin of the pork using kitchen paper, and score the skin, then sprinkle with a little salt for superb crackling.
- Place the pork on a rack over a roasting tray and roast for 30 minutes until the fat starts to run.
- Turn the oven down to 150°C and roast for a further 3 hours.
- Test for "done-ness" with a long skewer (the juices should run clear), then rest the meat for 15-30 minutes before carving.
Call our head office team on 0203 8697800 to place your order for Christmas. Also available to buy online.