We don't just have talented butchers in our team, there are a host of wonderful cooks and bakers running the deli counters, whipping up delicious roast lunches and other treats for our customers. All made with love.
Here's their Beef Wellington recipe for you to try.
Chicken liver paté
Parma ham slices
Puff pastry sheets
- Seal the beef fillet in a hot frying pan and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and fry in butter and herbs to make the duxelles and set aside to cool.
- Cut a piece of clingfilm, set it on worktop and lay the Parma ham slices out (enough to cover the fillet once rolled).
- Spread a 5mm to 1cm layer of chicken liver paté over the Parma ham, depending on how much you like.
- Add a layer of duxelles mushrooms on top.
- Place the fillet in the middle, and roll the ham, paté and mushrooms around it.
- Set the rolled fillet in the middle of the puff pastry sheet, leaving about 3-4cm pastry spare around the edges.
- Place another puff pastry sheet on top of the fillet (as the cover) and fold the overhanging bottom pastry up round the edges so its all sealed.
- Brush the pastry with egg yolk.
- Cook at 180C for 45 minutes.