Sal's Crispy Pork Belly
Pork belly on the bone
Root vegetables of your choice
- Score the skin on the pork belly very finely (you can ask your butchery to do this) and rub lots of salt. Season the rest of the meat with salt and pepper.
- Place in a deep oven dish with 1cm of water in the bottom and cover with foil. Cook for four hours at 140C.
- Remove the foil and roast for another hour. Then turn the heat up to 250C or maximum heat for the final 20-30 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the crackling so it blisters and crackles perfectly but doesn't burn.
- Serve with roasted rainbow carrots and winter root mash.