Liam's Seared Onglet Steak with Mushroom & Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
Sprigs of rosemary
- Take the steak out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking so it comes to room temperature.
- Preheat a dry grill pan. When you see a little smoke from pan, add a drop of oil. Season both sides of the steak with sea salt and black pepper.
- Put steak on the pan (if you don't hear a sizzle the pan is not hot enough). Fry for 4 minutes on one side.
- Add sprigs of rosemary and unsalted butter and baste the steak. Turn the steak to the other side and cook for a further 4 minutes. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes.Take the rosemary out of the pan and lay it on the steak while it's resting.
- Add the finely chopped shallots and garlic to the steak pan and a little brown sugar to caramelise. Then add the chopped chestnut mushrooms and fry until soft.
- Finally, add peppercorns and a little double cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the resting steak juices to the sauce and stir.
- Slice the steak against the grain of the meat and pour over the sauce. Serve with chips sprinkled with paprika.
As a little thank you from us, we are offering 10% off all deliveries from our online shop for National Butchers' Week. Enter: BUTCHERSWEEK10 at the checkout.